Clarkesdale Bird Sanctuary
A showcase of achievements
- Clarkesdale was a finalist in the 2003 Banksia Awards - Category 6 - Protecting Bush, Land and Waterways
- Clarkesdale pioneered the protection of private land for its conservation value and the provision of financial resources for ongoing maintenance and development.
- Since its inception 30 years ago, the CBS has been largely self funded thanks to the generosity of Gordon Clarke and the dedicated work of many volunteers.
- Clarkesdale has been successful in reversing the decline of the ‘woodland bird community’ listed as a ‘threatened community’ under the Flora and Fauna Guarantee Act 1988.
- Clarkesdale has been innovative within the field of conservation in developing a network of partnerships over a thirty-year period.
- Clarkesdale has been catering for ecotourism for many years. Members of BOCA, TfN, Field Nats, Landcare groups etc, have visited and sometimes camped at the CBS.
Links to other items in Clarkesdale